Ski Erg 5 key points:
1. Handles: Hold handles so the longer portion of the bottom of the handles are directed toward the OUTSIDE of the hand.
2. Bent Elbows: The “catch” occurs with bent elbows in a “tall” position.
3. Push: Push the handles down (not pull). Like you are pushing ski poles down into the snow.
4. Hinge/Squat: There IS a hinge at the hip AND a slight squatting motion with the knees. It’s a combo.
5. Finish: Stroke finishes at the outside of the knees. No lower
Check out this 5 min video about Ski Erg Fundamentals:
6 sets Every 2:30 sec:
Clean + Front Squat (w/pause) + Clean + Jerk
6 sets 1+1+1+1 @ by feel up to no more than 85% regular C&J
*3 second pause in bottom of each front squat
15 cals Ski Erg
15 Ground to Overhead
15 Handstand Push-Ups
10 cals Ski Erg
10 Ground to Overhead
10 Handstand Push-Ups
5 cals Ski Erg
5 Ground to Overhead
5 Handstand Push-Ups
Rx: 135/95 lbs; 155/115 lbs; 185/135 lbs
Sc: 95/65 lbs; 115/75 lbs; 135/95 lbs
Cals - 10/7/5
Mx: 85/55 lbs; 95/65 lbs; 115/75 lbs