1. #800gchallenge - 1 week in. 3 more weeks to go! Ya’ll have killed it this week! I’ve gotten a lot of great feedback. Here’s one common thing I’ve heard:
Thinking ahead. Knowing that we have to hit 800 grams has made many think, plan, and shop with this in mind. There’s been a whole lot of creative problem solving going on. One of my favorites:
Several members work out in the fields or in places where access healthy food is nonexistent. Every night they have been packing their 800g in a cooler and bring it to work with them in their truck. Throughout the day, they just make sure to eat through that food. Kaboom - problem solved.
Let’s go attack Week 2!
2. Upcoming Events:
- Saturday, Aug. 11 - Shotgun River Day. 12-?? ADULTS ONLY. We’ve rented a house in Concan for the day. Please come join us for a relaxing summer day on the Frio! Sign-ups coming soon. BBQ. Drinks. Frio River. Shotgun peeps. Who could ask for anything more?
**NOTE: This house is located high above the river and has river access. Totally gorgeous! However, due to the very steep drop offs and extremely precarious staircases, we are making this day for ADULTS ONLY. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, however we just cannot risk any injury to the kiddos.
- Saturday, August 25 - Weightlifting Clinic with Chad Vaughn at Shotgun CrossFit. For ALL LEVELS. Do not have to be a Shotgun member to attend. Sign-ups coming soon.
- Saturday, Sept. 22 - Upcoming Events: Theme: “Straight Outta Shotgun”. Think hip-hop, big chains, yo yo yo!, Gangsta’s Paradise, Shake Yo’ Rump. Yep - just keeping it classy as usual!
Every 3 minutes, for 15 minutes (5 sets):
4 reps Front Squat w/ 3 sec pause @ bottom on 1st rep.
*Sets 1-2 @ 70% of 1-RM Front Squat
*Sets 3-4 @ 75% of 1-RM Front Squat
*Sets 5 @ 80% of 1-RM Front Squat
- These percentages are estimates/suggestions. Adjust as necessary.
Run 600 meters
20 Push Press (95/65 lbs)
5 Rope Climbs
20 Push Press
Row 750 meters
Sc: 400m run /500m row
Push Press 65/45
10 Rope Lowers or 15 Ring Rows