2018 CrossFit Open: Just a few more days!
18.1 Release Party - 7:00 pm Thursday, Feb. 22. We will be following tradition and setting up the big screen to watch Dave Castro do his overly dramatic reveal of the first workout. Come to the gym and see what the Open is all about!
And - NO - it is not too late to sign up! Here's the link: https://games.crossfit.com
FIVE WEEKS - FEB. 22 - MARCH 26
18.1- Feb. 22-26
18.2- March 1-5
18.3- March 8-12
18.4- March 15-19
18.5- March 22-26
When you can do 18.1 at Shotgun CrossFit:
- Thursday - Immediately after the workout announcement.
- Friday - Any class time.
- Saturday - 6:30 - 8:30 am. A few coaches have offered to come in and judge at later times. Please see me to help you connect with them.
- Sunday- 1-4 pm (notice the extended hours)
- Monday - If you must do your WOD on a Monday, you are responsible for securing someone to judge you. We will be holding regular classes, so realize you’ll be off and out of the way of the class.
Want to stick around and watch your fellow Gunners compete? Come on down! We love cheerleaders and can ALWAYS use more judges!
2. For the next 5 weeks our 6:30 pm class will be cancelled only on THURSDAYS due to the CrossFit Open Release Party.
Back Squat - every 2 min.
*Set 1 – 5 reps @ 70%
*Set 2 – 3 reps @ 80%
*Set 3 – 1 rep @ 90%
*Sets 4-7 — 2 reps @ 85%
20 Cal Row
40 DB Over the Shoulder Cleans
20 Cal Row
Rx: 20/14 lbs to 10′ target; 100/60
Sc: 20/10 lbs to 9′ target; 60/40 or less
Make a note of how long it takes you to row 20 calories. Be smooth into your wall ball shots and make sure you get depth for every rep.